Wudang Kung Fu Fundamentals Revealed
For thousands of years, the Wudang arts were kept secret from the outside world.
This DVD presents:
- The fundamental training practices used on Wudang Mountain.
- One-on-one lesson offers detailed instruction of a warm-up routine
- The basic stances, punches, and kicks of Wudang Kung Fu.
- The fundamental Wudang Kung Fu sequence is also taught with practical martial applications.
- This program offers deep insight into traditional martial arts training, no matter what style you practice.
Wudang Mountain in central China is a physical and spiritual sanctuary. Covering over 300 square kilometers, it has 72 peaks, breathtaking lakes and rivers, and a forest with over 600 known medicinal herbs. Home to dozens of temples, it is the world’s largest Daoist center. Daoism is an ancient Chinese philosophy that teaches people to live a refined life, in harmony with nature.
The monks of Wudang Mountain centuries ago blended Daoist concepts with traditional Chinese fighting arts, integrating physical and spiritual practices, and internal-style Wudang Kung Fu was born. Wudang Kung Fu emphasizes flowing and agile movements, designed for self defense. It develops a strong root, proper body alignment, efficient movement, and a relaxed body and mind. Features performances by senior YMAA Instructors Nicholas C. Yang and Adison Martin.
- Choice of Mandarin Chinese Narration with English Subtitles, or English Narration
- Interactive Catalog with Previews of All YMAA Titles